Valentine Message ...


I was through three trays of heart shaped cookies, when Joey came downstairs to see what I was doing (the smell of gingerbread finally lured her away from her computer-induced zombie trance!). She caught me just in time and asked if I could make star shaped cookies for her friends. I replied with, "But it's Valentine's Day!!!" And she countered with, "I know mummy, but I don't want anyone to get the wrong idea!" At eight years old?!?! How does one already get the "wrong idea"?!?!
It's no longer cool to give out heart shaped cookies on Valentine's Day unless it's to someone in your family. Did you know that?! I did not know that. So for parents of 8 yr olds soon-to-be, please make note! Needless to say, this year Valentine's day was symbolized with star shaped cookies. I'll let you know for how many years this will last ...

No comments:

Post a Comment